- The TERRITORY is THE TRUTH OF REALITY, THE TAO, DHARMA, THE WAY, CHRIST CONSCIOUSNESS, BRAHMAN.
- There is a DESTINATION. ALL great mystical, religious, and metaphysical maps describe this GOAL or “Way Point” as Union with Source, Oneness, Unity, Nirvana, Samadhi……
- THE MAP IS NOT THE TERRITORY. A map is a representation of a geographical area of a “state.” It is only a map. It’s function is to increase awareness, awaken the mind that seeks THE WAY, cultivate familiarity and inspire deeper inquiry.
- The doorway unto the spiritual path is, arguably, HUMILITY. The Zen Masters tell us the quickest way to ENLIGHTENMENT is to DOUBT EVERYTHING. The cup that is full cannot receive. The cup that is empty is ready. The normal inclination is to compare and contrast what you “see” in a map with what you already know, think, assume, believe. Resist that normal reaction when studying the maps of the territory.
- BELIEF has nothing to do with it. Even though some maps appear to be or have been transformed into belief systems that is not why we study them. In fact, it is important to suspend your beliefs while confronting, exploring and contemplating these maps. This is not easy to do. Start by suspending your disbelief. Think of it like a yoga pose. You are not divorcing yourself from your beliefs. You are simply putting them aside for this process.
- The goal of the process is to expand one’s awareness and, therefore, we look at multiple maps in order to manifest a more holographic perspective. Look for similarities and differences in them. Words/Language is limited. Different maps use different words to describe the same thing or concept.
The maps we have looked at: YOGA, VIPASSANA MEDITATION, KABBALAH CONCEPTS, INTEGRAL THEORY, THE KYBALION, THE FIBONACCI SEQUENCE, MYSTICAL CHRISTIANITY, CHRISTIAN SCIENCE, THE BUDDHA, CHINESE MEDICINE MODEL and more………